Search continues for missing Des Plaines woman Cathryn McGill as floodwaters recede
January 2, 2014 (WLS) -- Canines and heavy machinery were brought in to help search for a missing woman who used to live in Des Plaines.
Cathryn McGill and her husband Adam were riding in a pickup Sunday in southwestern Indiana when it was swept away by flood waters.
Adam was rescued. Searchers say the flood waters have receded, exposing the McGill's truck and leaving behind large piles of debris.
Heavy machinery has been brought in to move that debris.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 43 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind.
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- Chicago bridges lift as sailboats begin journey to harbors
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
ABC7Chicago.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos