Multiple crashes close portion of I-65; lanes reopened
January 18, 2014 (LAFAYETTE, Ind.) (WLS) -- A portion of I-65 near Lafayette, Indiana was shut down Saturday because of multiple crashes.
Southbound lanes were all open Saturday night but northbound lanes did no open until Sunday morning.
A preliminary investigation has revealed that a semi slowed for a crash that occurred that was in front of him. Vehicles behind were not able to stop, as they were traveling too fast for road conditions or following too closely. Nine semis and four cars were involved in the initial crash.
Four people were transported to local hospitals with non-life threatening injuries. It is not known how many vehicles were involved in the secondary crashes.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing 52 min ago
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 38 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 29 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77