Fire truck leads funeral for 3 children killed in Hammond fire
January 20, 2014 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- A funeral was held Monday for three children -- Dasani, Alexi and Jayden Young -- who were killed when their home in Hammond caught fire.
Dasani, 4, Alexis, 3, and Jayden, 7 months, died on January 8. Their father was seriously injured trying to save them. Two other siblings were hospitalized, but have been released.
Some firefighters who were called to the scene led the funeral procession. Captain Edward Lomeli was one of them. He says the images from that day will always stay with him.
The children were found feet from the door, and two of the siblings were in each other's arms.
The fire was ruled accidental. Investigators said a propane heater sparked the flames.
The children were buried at St. Joseph's Cemetery. All three children will be buried together.
- 5 kids shot in Greater Grand Crossing drive-by 6 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout