Fire truck leads funeral for 3 children killed in Hammond fire
January 20, 2014 (HAMMOND, Ind.) (WLS) -- A funeral was held Monday for three children -- Dasani, Alexi and Jayden Young -- who were killed when their home in Hammond caught fire.
Dasani, 4, Alexis, 3, and Jayden, 7 months, died on January 8. Their father was seriously injured trying to save them. Two other siblings were hospitalized, but have been released.
Some firefighters who were called to the scene led the funeral procession. Captain Edward Lomeli was one of them. He says the images from that day will always stay with him.
The children were found feet from the door, and two of the siblings were in each other's arms.
The fire was ruled accidental. Investigators said a propane heater sparked the flames.
The children were buried at St. Joseph's Cemetery. All three children will be buried together.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation