Kendall Reed charged with attempted murder at Safe and Sound Senior Citizen Social Club in Gary, Indiana
February 15, 2014 (GARY, Ind.) -- A 23-year-old man was charged in connection with a shooting Wednesday night at a social club for senior citizens.
Police say Kendall Reed, 23, opened fire inside the Safe and Sound Senior Citizens Social Club in Gary, Indiana. Reed faces several charges including, attempted murder and unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
Reed was out on parole on an armed robbery conviction at the time of the shooting. Police believed his motive was to rob people at the senior citizens club.
The shooting victims are all men between the ages of 43-76. Witnesses told police that a gunman entered the club and ordered people to drop to the ground. Shots were fired and police say at one point, one of the patrons inside shot the gunman.
In 2011, Safe and Sound Senior Citizen Social Club was raided twice for serving liquor without a license. The owner of the club, in one of the raids, was also arrested and charged for promoting professional gambling.
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub 5 min ago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues 42 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 1 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 43 min ago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest 23 min ago
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
1 min ago
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults...
42 min ago