Inland Empire News
Colton sexual assault suspect sought; sketch released
COLTON, Calif. -- Police are asking for the public's help to track down a man accused of sexually assaulting a woman in the city of Colton on Feb. 27.
The attack occurred on the 700 block of East M Street at approximately 9:35 p.m.
Investigators say the suspect sexually assaulted the woman as she walked to her friend's house after corning her near some shrubs out of sight from passing motorists.
According to police, the victim had met the suspect a while earlier while waiting at a bus stop. She siad the man had identified himself as Tony.
The suspect was described as a Hispanic man between 30 to 50 years old, standing between 5 feet 7 inches and 5 feet 10 inches tall, weighing about 150 pound with black hair and brown eyes. He has acne marks on his face and two scars on his abdomen. The suspect was last seen wearing gray sweatpants, black boots, and a gray hooded zip-up sweatshirt.
If you recognize the suspect or have information on the assault, you're urged to contact Colton Police Department Detective Ray Mendez at (909) 370-5110.
sex crimes, sexual assault, inland empire news
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter 36 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler 48 min ago