Inland Empire News
Girl Scout cookie money theft: Man pleads not guilty
PHELAN, Calif. -- The man accused of stealing hundreds of dollars from a Girl Scout cookie stand in Phelan appeared in court Wednesday.
Colin Sawyer, 20, was arraigned in a Victorville courtroom. He pleaded not guilty to the charges and is scheduled to return to court on March 14.
Police said Sawyer made off with $500 last Sunday just as the girls were cleaning up their stand outside a Stater Bros. store.
One girl chased after him, but fell and scraped her knee. Sawyer was arrested Monday night at a gas station.
san bernardino county, robbery, inland empire news
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57 22 min ago
- HS basketball player shines despite disabilty
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say 58 min ago
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up 28 min ago
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail 52 min ago
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- More goats found dead in Ill. animal cruelty case
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital 15 min ago
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
22 min ago