Inland Empire News
5-year-old girl pinned under bus outside Moreno Valley school
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. -- A 5-year-old girl is recovering in the hospital after she was struck and pinned under a school bus at a Moreno Valley elementary school Monday.
The accident occurred on the 11900 block of Athens Drive around 2:25 p.m.
Investigators say the bus was parked at Box Springs Elementary when it rolled backwards, struck the girl and pinned her under the wheels.
The victim was standing on the sidewalk and waiting for a ride home when the bus hit her.
The underage victim was rushed to the hospital for surgery. Her injuries aren't considered life-threatening.
The driver said she was activating a wheelchair lift at the back of the bus when it started rolling.
The California Highway Patrol is handling the ongoing investigation.
A crisis team was brought to the school campus Tuesday to help students cope with the accident.
CNS contributed to this report.
car crash, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River 55 min ago
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home