Inland Empire News
5-year-old girl pinned under bus outside Moreno Valley school
MORENO VALLEY, Calif. -- A 5-year-old girl is recovering in the hospital after she was struck and pinned under a school bus at a Moreno Valley elementary school Monday.
The accident occurred on the 11900 block of Athens Drive around 2:25 p.m.
Investigators say the bus was parked at Box Springs Elementary when it rolled backwards, struck the girl and pinned her under the wheels.
The victim was standing on the sidewalk and waiting for a ride home when the bus hit her.
The underage victim was rushed to the hospital for surgery. Her injuries aren't considered life-threatening.
The driver said she was activating a wheelchair lift at the back of the bus when it started rolling.
The California Highway Patrol is handling the ongoing investigation.
A crisis team was brought to the school campus Tuesday to help students cope with the accident.
CNS contributed to this report.
car crash, school, riverside county, inland empire news
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute 17 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court accepts transcripts of Blago FBI wiretaps
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines under way
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
17 min ago