Inland Empire News
Boy with autism missing in Menifee; search under way
MENIFEE, Calif. -- A search is under way in Menifee for a missing 11-year-old boy with autism.
Police say Terry Smith was discovered missing from his residence in the 33000 block of Helen Lane sometime between Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Police and volunteers, along with a helicopter and bloodhound, scoured the area all day on Sunday, but could not find the boy.
His parents say he takes medication twice a day. The last time they saw him was right before he went to sleep.
"She checked on the kids, thought he was in bed. This morning when I woke up at 8:30 to groom a dog, he was not in bed," said Dennise Bugna, partner of the child's mother. "We just want the family back."
Smith is 4 feet 8 inches tall, 76 pounds and was last seen wearing blue basketball shorts.
Anyone with information is urged to call the Menifee Investigations Unit at (951) 210-1000.
missing person, riverside county, inland empire news
- Snow falls as shoppers brave cold temps
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident 20 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters 6 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ON DEMAND: ABC 7 Chicago's 'Heart and Soul'
- Man dies after Evanston shooting, car crash
- Illinois Tollway readies full fleet of snowplows 23 min ago
- Young singer with autism releases inspirational song
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- Oklahoma earthquake rattles state at magnitude 4.5
- Stranded hiker rescued from Tenn. waterfall ledge
- Kennedy Center Honors for Joel, MacLaine, Santana, Hancock,...
- 1985 Chicago Bears Book
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport