Wouldn't you rather be outside? Record-breaking temps
March 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It just doesn't seem fair. How come you're stuck at work when all these other people are outside enjoying mid-summer temperatures in the middle of March?
The sounds and sights of summer are about 90 days early. As of 4 p.m. Tuesday, Chicago hit 85-degrees at O'Hare International Airport, which is not only a record high for this date, but also the third warmest March day ever recorded in Chicago. Plus, it's the seventh record high day in a row -- which sets another record: the longest streak of record days ever in Chicago.
It's almost like we're dreaming the same dream over and over again or have time travelled to the middle of July. What do those outside enjoying the day think Frank Mathie is doing a story on?
"The weather," one man said. "I'm a smart guy."
"A story on happiness. It's wonderful out here," said another summer reveler. "Absolutely ... see all these smiles around here. It's time to play golf and ride my bike."
"It looks like Italy. The weather is fantastic. I'm totally enjoying. I'm impressed about it," said a tourist from Italy.
As of Tuesday, Chicago saw six days in a row of 80-degree weather. The previous record was only two days.
"We are in prime position to end up having the warmest March on record," ABC7 meteorologist Mike Caplan said.
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin