Wouldn't you rather be outside? Record-breaking temps
March 20, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It just doesn't seem fair. How come you're stuck at work when all these other people are outside enjoying mid-summer temperatures in the middle of March?
The sounds and sights of summer are about 90 days early. As of 4 p.m. Tuesday, Chicago hit 85-degrees at O'Hare International Airport, which is not only a record high for this date, but also the third warmest March day ever recorded in Chicago. Plus, it's the seventh record high day in a row -- which sets another record: the longest streak of record days ever in Chicago.
It's almost like we're dreaming the same dream over and over again or have time travelled to the middle of July. What do those outside enjoying the day think Frank Mathie is doing a story on?
"The weather," one man said. "I'm a smart guy."
"A story on happiness. It's wonderful out here," said another summer reveler. "Absolutely ... see all these smiles around here. It's time to play golf and ride my bike."
"It looks like Italy. The weather is fantastic. I'm totally enjoying. I'm impressed about it," said a tourist from Italy.
As of Tuesday, Chicago saw six days in a row of 80-degree weather. The previous record was only two days.
"We are in prime position to end up having the warmest March on record," ABC7 meteorologist Mike Caplan said.
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy 15 min ago
- Temps dip to 18-year low, more snow on the way
- Evan Lysacek out of Sochi Games due to injury 26 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Northwest Side fire displaces 5
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- 7 in :77
- Obama urges world to act on Mandela legacy
15 min ago