Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare! Theatre stages dusk to dawn readings
April 23, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- To celebrate his 449th birthday, Foundlings Theatre Company is nonstop Shakespeare, from dusk to dawn.
William Shakespeare might have said this is much ado about nothing, but the Foundlings Theatre Company is doing it anyway. On Tuesday, April 23, 2013, Julius Caesar and Brute got together. And it's no surprise what happened.
"We're doing a 24 hour, seven play, staged reading Shakespeare festival for his 449th birthday," David Servillo, Foundlings Theatre Company. "Happy Birthday, indeed."
The reading started at 6 a.m. Tuesday and will run until 6 a.m. Wednesday. In those 24 hours there will be murder, comedy, a love story and Macbeth.
Shakespeare contributed more than 1700 new words to the English language, and phrases we use over and over again.
The Foundlings Theatre's 24 Hour Shakespeare Stage Reading Event, 7924 Lincoln Ave. in Skokie, Ill., costs $10. Find out what play is when at foundlingstheatre.com.
mathie, frank mathie
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 35 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 30 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
35 min ago