Happy Birthday, William Shakespeare! Theatre stages dusk to dawn readings
April 23, 2013 (SKOKIE, Ill.) (WLS) -- To celebrate his 449th birthday, Foundlings Theatre Company is nonstop Shakespeare, from dusk to dawn.
William Shakespeare might have said this is much ado about nothing, but the Foundlings Theatre Company is doing it anyway. On Tuesday, April 23, 2013, Julius Caesar and Brute got together. And it's no surprise what happened.
"We're doing a 24 hour, seven play, staged reading Shakespeare festival for his 449th birthday," David Servillo, Foundlings Theatre Company. "Happy Birthday, indeed."
The reading started at 6 a.m. Tuesday and will run until 6 a.m. Wednesday. In those 24 hours there will be murder, comedy, a love story and Macbeth.
Shakespeare contributed more than 1700 new words to the English language, and phrases we use over and over again.
The Foundlings Theatre's 24 Hour Shakespeare Stage Reading Event, 7924 Lincoln Ave. in Skokie, Ill., costs $10. Find out what play is when at foundlingstheatre.com.
mathie, frank mathie
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor investigated for child sex abuse 1 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos