A house call for your grill? Detailers make cookouts easy- and clean
May 21, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Have you ever taken off the cover of your grill after a long, cold winter and thought, what a mess? Now a company will take care of the cleanup for you.
The Coley Gas Grill detailers make house calls. They bring the tools of their trade, industrial strength cleaners, stiff bushes and steel wool. It's six workers with one mission: to turn your nasty, grease-covered gas grill into an almost new griller of the finest of backyard recipes.
"You look inside some of these grills you'll see char that's probably been on there for five years or as long as the person had the grill," Chris Coley, gas grill detailers, said.
Coley has been doing this for 23 years now and this, of course, is his busy time when the grungy grills come out and the odors of last fall still longer inside.
"Barbeque sauce, and marinade and whatever else they put on those meats," Coley said.
"We can do up to six or seven at least a day," Chris Coley, Jr., said. "It's a lot of hard work."
"It's mainly elbow grease. And as you can see the guys that are working they got a lot of elbow on them," Coley said.
The elbow grease grill detailers are from Evanston and work mostly on the North Shore.
Coley's Gas Appliances
Evanston, Il 60201
847 869 1750
mathie, frank mathie
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Employees, customers prepare for Dominick's final days 10 min ago
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night 49 min ago
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013 21 min ago
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- Me You & Her raises money for Chicago food banks
- 'I-55 Bandit' pleads guilty to robbery charge
- Kanye West opens pop-up store in Chicago
- Weekender Report by Roz Varon
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos