To undershirt or not to undershirt?
July 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Should guys wear T-shirts under their dress shirts?
In Chicago's hot and humid summer weather, why do guys wear two shirts instead of one?
"I'm wearing it right now as an undershirt because it is so hot outside. I don't want to be sweating all over the dress shirts here," Michael Gast said.
"I'm cooler without it," William Moore Jr. says.
T-shirts were extremely popular until Clark Gable stripped down in "It Happened One Night" in 1934. Undershirt sales immediately dropped and ever since then, in steamy weather, it's been to "T" or not to "T".
But Alex Mitchell is wearing one to "make sure I don't perspire through my regular golf shirt."
So apparently the jury is still out on this hot humid day T-shirt question. For the answer maybe we should go to the real experts -- women.
"You have to wear a T-Shirt underneath. It absorbs the sweat," Liz Riggs said.
"I think I feel a little cooler. Look a little cooler. My wife likes it, which is good and very important," Kevin Tuggle said, laughing.
mathie, frank mathie
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 58 min ago
- Pfleger wants 'American' billboard with assault weapon removed 37 min ago
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Accused NU professor will not teach spring quarter 10 min ago
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Chicago-Portland flight allegedly disrupted by man who wanted 4...
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Photos: 'Modern Family' house on market for $2.35M
- abcnews: Gov. Chris Christie Fires Back at Heckler 22 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
58 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 13, 2014
35 min ago