To undershirt or not to undershirt?
July 17, 2013 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Should guys wear T-shirts under their dress shirts?
In Chicago's hot and humid summer weather, why do guys wear two shirts instead of one?
"I'm wearing it right now as an undershirt because it is so hot outside. I don't want to be sweating all over the dress shirts here," Michael Gast said.
"I'm cooler without it," William Moore Jr. says.
T-shirts were extremely popular until Clark Gable stripped down in "It Happened One Night" in 1934. Undershirt sales immediately dropped and ever since then, in steamy weather, it's been to "T" or not to "T".
But Alex Mitchell is wearing one to "make sure I don't perspire through my regular golf shirt."
So apparently the jury is still out on this hot humid day T-shirt question. For the answer maybe we should go to the real experts -- women.
"You have to wear a T-Shirt underneath. It absorbs the sweat," Liz Riggs said.
"I think I feel a little cooler. Look a little cooler. My wife likes it, which is good and very important," Kevin Tuggle said, laughing.
mathie, frank mathie
- Boy critical after 90 minutes underwater in pond 48 min ago
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lawsuit filed against cops accused of lying in court
- I-Team: Misconduct alleged at US Marshal's office
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- 5 Smart Ways to Spend Your Tax Return Wisely
41 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos