New Jersey News
Woodland Park house fire kills elderly couple
WOODLAND PARK, N.J. -- Two people are dead after a house fire early Monday morning in Woodland Park, New Jersey.
Firefighters from West Paterson found the bodies of a man and woman, both in their 70's.
The fire appears to have started just after midnight with an electrical problem in the basement of the home on Overmount Ave.
Investigators found that an electrical wire coming from the main electric box was rubbing against a metal vent pipe, wearing away the wire's insulation and sparking the fire.
Authorities say the home had smoke detectors but they were melted, so it is not clear whether they were working properly.
The identities of the victims have not yet been released.
new jersey news, new jersey, fire, woodland park, fire death, new jersey news
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake