New Jersey News
Police investigate fire and death in East Hanover
EAST HANOVER -- Drivers had to prove they lived on the cul-de-sac before police will let them through on Monday night. This as Morris County detectives investigated a fire and death on Phyldan Road in East Hanover, New Jersey.
Around 3 on Monday morning, the fire department responded to a small shed fire in the back of 39 Phyldan Road. The flames were apparently extinguished without incident. However, it is what investigators found among the ashes that turned the fire scene into something far more grizzly.
Eyewitness News is told authorities discovered a body among the ruins.
Two houses have been blocked off by crime scene tape - number 39 where the fire started, and the house across the street. Neighbors say there have been ongoing complaints against number 39, and all the unsightly cars parked on the property. What that has to do with the death and the neighbor is what prosecutors are now trying to answer.
It's not clear where the homeowner is, but the prosecutor's office is set to release more information.
new jersey news, new jersey, east hanover, morris county, fire, death investigation, new jersey news, lucy yang
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 44 min ago
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 12 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation