New Jersey News
Toddler is 1st customer at New Jersey medical pot dispensary
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP -- A 2-year-old with epilepsy is now receiving medical marijuana in New Jersey after her parents' months-long push to get her the drug they believe will help treat her.
Vivian Wilson was the first patient Monday when Compassionate Care Foundation opened in Egg Harbor Township, becoming New Jersey's second legal medical marijuana dispensary.
The girl's parents led a successful push for New Jersey to allow more varieties of cannabis for patients and let children have it in edible form.
They say other kids with her rare form of epilepsy have been helped by a certain non-potent strain of pot.
Her father, Brian Wilson, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer (http://bit.ly/17VBXUc ) the exact strain is not available yet in New Jersey, but he will convert buds to an oil that she can use.
new jersey news, new jersey, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 3 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 8 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 23 min ago
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Skill Champ app designed for children with autism
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Growing Problem: Stolen Smart Phones 34 min ago
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos