New Jersey News
Toddler is 1st customer at New Jersey medical pot dispensary
EGG HARBOR TOWNSHIP -- A 2-year-old with epilepsy is now receiving medical marijuana in New Jersey after her parents' months-long push to get her the drug they believe will help treat her.
Vivian Wilson was the first patient Monday when Compassionate Care Foundation opened in Egg Harbor Township, becoming New Jersey's second legal medical marijuana dispensary.
The girl's parents led a successful push for New Jersey to allow more varieties of cannabis for patients and let children have it in edible form.
They say other kids with her rare form of epilepsy have been helped by a certain non-potent strain of pot.
Her father, Brian Wilson, tells The Philadelphia Inquirer (http://bit.ly/17VBXUc ) the exact strain is not available yet in New Jersey, but he will convert buds to an oil that she can use.
new jersey news, new jersey, medical marijuana, new jersey news
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 1 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 59 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 40 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 28 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense 57 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
28 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
59 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
40 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
44 min ago