New Jersey News
Murdered Waldwick mother laid to rest Wednesday
WALDWICK -- Family and friends gathered Wednesday to bid a final farewell to a young mother who was murdered in New Jersey.
Funeral services were held for 23-year-old Mary Greff, who was found strangled in her bed in the Waldwick home she shared with her parents.
Greff's infant baby was found unharmed in a bassinet in the same room.
Police say Greff's ex- boyfriend, 22-year-old Mark Spatucci, broke into the home and killed her just feet away from the couple's 1-year-old son.
Spatucci has pleaded not guilty and is being held on $2 million bail.
Prosecutors said Greff and Spatucci began dating two years ago, that she gave birth in February and that the two had lived together for a short time before she split from him and moved in with her parents.
Spatucci had court-ordered custody visitation with the infant, but Greff had full custody.
new jersey news, new jersey, murder, new jersey news
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 44 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant