New Jersey News
Fire raging at abandoned building in Newark
NEWARK -- Firefighters in Newark are battling a fierce fire at a three-story abandoned building.
The two-alarm fire is burning on all three floors, and has caused a partial collapse of the structure.
One firefighter has suffered minor injuries in the blaze.
The fire broke out at the Verona Avenue building around 4:45 p.m. Wednesday and quickly went to two alarms.
The building is near the intersection with Broadway.
Police have closed off the area around the fire on Broadway, between Mill and Irving Streets.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new jersey news, new jersey, newark, fire, new jersey news
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake