New Jersey News
New Jersey Police put out public safety alert after two attempted abductions in Ridgewood
RIDGEWOOD -- Police in New Jersey are putting out a public safety alert after two attempted abductions.
Detectives in Ridgewood say Friday at about 3:15 p.m., a man tried to grab a girl walking home from school on North Monroe Street. The girl broke free and ran.
The other attempt took place the previous Friday in the same area. This time, a man in a van spoke to two girls walking on Godwin Avenue at about 5 p.m. The two girls were also able to run away.
No one was hurt in either incident.
The suspect in the most recent incident is described as a white male in his 50's or 60's, about 6'2" and heavyset.
In the second incident, the girls described the man as having thick gold glasses with large frames, a short scruffy beard, and balding gray hair.
Police say there is no evidence at this time linking the two attempts.
Police patrols around schools in Ridgewood are being increased.
new jersey news, new jersey, ridgewood, abduction, new jersey news
- 2 hurt in North Side crash 2 min ago
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 59 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this' 18 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Japanese jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 3 min ago
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through...
18 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos