New Jersey News
Florida trucker of being toll cheat in New Jersey
FORT LEE -- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey says its police have caught a Florida trucker who allegedly tried to evade tolls.
Garfield Ronald Brown, a 46-year-old Miramar resident, was charged with theft of service and tampering with public records after he was stopped around 7:45 a.m. Sunday at the George Washington Bridge toll lanes.
Port Authority police spokesman Joe Pentangelo says Brown was driving a tractor-trailer without a front license plate and with a bent rear trailer plate in a bid to avoid detection by the EZPass security cameras.
A phone number for Brown could not be found Sunday, and it was not known if he had retained a lawyer.
new jersey news, new jersey, new jersey news
- Mom allegedly kidnaps 2 sons from Beverly 36 min ago
- Truck driver released after boy dies in Ind. hit-and-run 27 min ago
- South Korea ferry sinks; 287 missing, at least 9 dead
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Lake Station mayor, wife plead not guilty to corruption charges 42 min ago
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- Man stabbed in back on McKinley Park street
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- Bulls 1st round playoff schedule vs Wizards released
- I-Team: New defendant added in 'El Chapo' case
- Portland shootout injures officer, kills police dog
- Beltran-Leyva gang leader arrested, Mexico says
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- 7 in :77