New Jersey News
Ridgewood luring attempts leave parents on edge
RIDGEWOOD -- Police in New Jersey are warning the public after two attempted abductions of children.
Detectives in Ridgewood say a man tried to grab a girl walking home from school on North Monroe Street Friday afternoon.
The girl was able to break free and run away.
The second attempt took place the previous Friday in the same area, this time on Goodwin Avenue.
No one was hurt in either incident, which police do not believe are connected.
Still, they are warning parents and children to be aware of the situation.
new jersey news, new jersey, ridgewood, luring, abduction, new jersey news
- Winter storm could dump up to 8 inches of snow 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Appeals court to consider Blagojevich transcripts
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos