New York News
Man indicted in plot to blow up Federal Reserve
NEW YORK -- A New York grand jury has indicted a 21-year-old foreign exchange student for allegedly trying to blow up the Federal Reserve Bank.
Bangladeshi national Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis is charged with using a weapon of mass destruction.
He's also charged with trying to provide material support to alQaida.
Federal authorities arrested Nafis in a sting operation last month.
He allegedly tried to detonate what he thought was a one-thousand-pound bomb by using his cell phone as a trigger. The bomb was a fake.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, terrorism, al qaida, quazi mohammad rezwanul ahsan nafis, quazi nafis, new york news
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- 2 hurt in Edgewater crash
- Near-death experience inspires businessman
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 6 shot at Austin party
- Putin defends separatist drive in Crimea as legal
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Medical marijuana law poses workplace dilemma
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Video: Newsviews - Tom Cross
- Video: Newsviews - Bob Grogan
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos