New York News
Reward offered for killer of Queens bodega worker
NEW YORK -- The NYPD and Crime Stoppers are offering a $12,000 reward for information leading to the capture of the killer of a Queens bodega worker.
The victim, 26-year old Ishak Ghali, was shot in the head Thursday night at the store in Ridgewood.
Police are looking for a man caught on camera running from the scene of the murder.
The victim worked seven days a week on 12 hour shifts to send money to his parents in Egypt.
Family members bowed their heads in disbelief outside All Friends Deli.
A cousin, Agiepy Apdelmalak, says Ghali was shot in what looks like a robbery gone bad.
"He's so nice. Everyone in the neighborhood says he's wonderful," Apdelmalak said.
Sources say the cash register drawer was found open.
Police are checking to see if any money was taken.
It happened at the corner of Gates and Onderdonk Avenues in Ridgewood.
It's a neighborhood where residents are afraid to talk because crime is commonplace.
"There was a shooting not too long ago. It had nothing to do with the deli. They're nice people. It's surprising," a customer said.
"Very good people. Never a complaint it's a surprise. This neighborhood is getting worse," another customer said.
There are no arrests and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ridgewood, queens, shooting, new york news, carolina leid
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Malaysia Airlines plane, Flight MH370, still missing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing
- Semi crash spills plastic beads, slows Tri-State 3 min ago
- Person killed by Amtrak from Chicago to STL
- Chicago electric bills to rise; city claims could've been worse
- $7 million shoplifting suspects face detention hearing
- Teen accused in Chicago livery driver shooting death 48 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Earthquake in California centered in Eureka 39 min ago
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- 7 in :77