New York News
One person dead in Staten Island house fire
STATEN ISLAND -- One person was found dead in the attic in an early morning fire on Saturday at a private home in the Clifton section of Staten Island.
The FDNY says they received a call just after 5:30. When the firefighters arrived on the scene, heavy fire was visible on the top floor of the 2 ½ story residence.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Jameek Champagne.
60 firefighters were assigned to the scene, and the fire was placed under control just after 6:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, fire, fire death, new york news
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Speed cams start issuing tickets in some areas
- Autopsy on body found near where woman last seen
- Ice jams on Rock River force evacuations 37 min ago
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday 5 min ago
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation