New York News
One person dead in Staten Island house fire
STATEN ISLAND -- One person was found dead in the attic in an early morning fire on Saturday at a private home in the Clifton section of Staten Island.
The FDNY says they received a call just after 5:30. When the firefighters arrived on the scene, heavy fire was visible on the top floor of the 2 ½ story residence.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Jameek Champagne.
60 firefighters were assigned to the scene, and the fire was placed under control just after 6:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, fire, fire death, new york news
- Chicago temps to plunge as arctic air moves in
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Man allegedly assaulted first responders in River North
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- Huge fire hydrants auctioned to benefit 100 Club
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Missing woman's body found in Libertyville
- Soul Children give Chicago show before Europe tour
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot