New York News
One person dead in Staten Island house fire
STATEN ISLAND -- One person was found dead in the attic in an early morning fire on Saturday at a private home in the Clifton section of Staten Island.
The FDNY says they received a call just after 5:30. When the firefighters arrived on the scene, heavy fire was visible on the top floor of the 2 ½ story residence.
The victim was identified as 23-year-old Jameek Champagne.
60 firefighters were assigned to the scene, and the fire was placed under control just after 6:30 a.m.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, staten island, fire, fire death, new york news
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by 41 min ago
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night 30 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from inspirational teen
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77
12 min ago
- Divvy Week kicks off in Chicago
34 min ago