New York News
Report: Poly Prep settles sex abuse lawsuit
NEW YORK -- There is word Thursday that the sex abuse lawsuit involving one of New York City's most prestigious private schools is over.
Brooklyn's Poly Prep has reportedly settled the suit claiming a longtime football coach abused hundreds of boys over a 25-year period.
The lawsuit also claimed the administration covered up the abuse.
According to the New York Daily News, terms of the settlement have not been released.
Twelve plaintiffs were seeking $20 million apiece.
The settlement ends a three-year legal and public relations battle. The lawsuit alleged that school officials knew coach Phil Foglietta was a sexual predator, but ignored repeated complaints.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, sex abuse, new york news
- Winning Powerball numbers announced
- Teachers march to protest proposed school closings
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 12 arrested after rowdiness reports near Michigan Avenue
- Blackhawks fall to Red Wings 4-1, series evened, 1-1
- Triple Crown spoiled; Oxbow upsets Orb
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Official: 50 to 60 injured in Virginia parade crash
- 2 split $190M Mega Millions jackpot
- Shootings leave 3 dead, several injured
- Man charged with recording video in hospital bathroom
- Coast Guard reminding boaters of maritime safety
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos