New York News
2 dead in separate hit and runs in Queens
QUEENS -- Police are searching for a pair of drivers involved in two separate fatal hit and runs in Queens.
A 30-year-old woman was struck by a car while crossing in front of 147-05 111th Avenue in Jamaica around 6:50 p.m. Wednesday.
A white vehicle, westbound on 111th Avenue, hit the woman and fled the scene. The woman was rushed to Jamaica Hospital, where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Earlier, a 38-year-old nurse was killed by a hit-and-run driver after she went shopping in Floral Park.
Police say Sheena Mathew was fatally struck while crossing Hillside Avenue just before 6 p.m. The mother of two was a registered nurse who worked at New York Hospital Queens.
She was pronounced dead at North Shore University Hospital.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, jamaica, floral park, hit and run accident, new york news
- Wrong-way driver collides with semi on Skyway
- Mayor to expand repaving initiative for potholes
- Girl, 3, ID'd after fatal Rogers Park mattress fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Tinley Park HS teacher resigns after sex assault charges
- Man shot to death in Hammond
- Man charged with murder for South Side bar shooting
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- Sign of Spring: Original Rainbow Cone now open
- Malaysia denies report missing plane kept flying hours after...
- Beer lawsuit alleges hockey arena charged $3 more for same-size... 21 min ago
- Man arrested after Colorado child kidnapping, 2 carjackings
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping
- SXSW crash in downtown Austin kills 2,...
29 min ago