New York News
Sketch released of Lower East Side assault suspect
NEW YORK -- Police have released a sketch of the man who is wanted in connection with an assault on a female jogger in East River Park on the Lower East Side.
The 41-year-old woman was jogging at 11:40 a.m. when she was allegedly jumped by the suspect, who threw her to the ground.
Police say he attempted to rip off her jogging pants, and she started screaming.
She pushed the suspect off of her and he fled.
The victim was taken to Beth Israel Hospital, where she is being treated.
The suspects was described as a man in his late teens, with a stocky build and facial hair, wearing a grey hoodie sweatshirt and green pants.
No arrests were immediately made.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Falling ice triggered by latest winter storm
- Young girl killed by falling bookcase in Northbrook
- 3-year old killed in Rogers Park fire
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Stone lions vandalized at Chicago museum
- Police: Woman sexually assaulted on Northwest Side
- Pre-high blood pressure can increase stroke risk, study finds
- Snow carving left by artist at State, Van Buren
- Political consultant hit by falling ice
- Chicago River to be dyed green this weekend despite ice
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- Chicago students take part in poetry festival
- Video: Ice chunks undulate on Lake Michigan
- abcnews: Amazon Accused of Cheating on Free Shipping