New York News
2 armed robbers terrorize Queens shopkeepers
HOLLIS -- Cops say two men have been very busy this holiday season from terrorizing six Queens shopkeepers.
On December 5th, Nisha Sharvo was minding her business behind the back pharmacy counter of Quick Script Drugs in Hollis, when on her security monitors she watched the men hold up the front counter and order staff and customers to the floor while robbing them - all before making a beeline for Sharvo.
"He was screaming in my face 'where is the money?' We gave him what he wanted, he left," said Sharvo.
You don't even have to walk into the drug store to see that it's a high security operation, but that didn't stop these two thugs from putting on masks and bursting through the front door, where they were immediately caught on tape by nearly a dozen different cameras. Still, they continued a reign of terror throughout the store.
Quick Stop was just their second target. Since then, they have hit four more drug stores and small groceries throughout Southern Queens, getting away with cash from each of them.
"I walk around so scared, so devastated," says Sharvo, "Every person who walks through the door, I'm like 'oh my God, everybody's a suspect' - I just don't trust anyone anymore. It's just no way to live.
In Sharvo's case, police took the video the day of the robbery, but only three weeks and four robberies later have they released grainy images in hopes that people may recognize the suspects. While the suspects may have not hurt anyone yet, police want to stop them before they do.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, queens, hollis, robbery, new york news, josh einiger
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building 35 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment 23 min ago
- Richard Gillman gets 4 years in prison, 2 years of probation in... 9 min ago
- 2 sex assault attempts reported in Humboldt Park 28 min ago
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55 2 min ago
- Homeowner tied up during La Grange Park robbery 19 min ago
- 2 men charged with felony mail theft 55 min ago
- Uptown fire forces residents out of apartments 6 min ago
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square
- 2 men arrested on drug charges
- Chicago Bears visit Washington IL as tornado communities brace...
- Coyote interrupts morning rush on I-55
2 min ago
- Fire destroys Gary church, vacant building
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos