New York News
Young boy hit and killed by truck in Queens
NEW YORK -- An 11-year-old boy was killed in a crosswalk by a truck in Queens Friday morning, but police say no criminality was involved.
Surveillance video shows the 11-year-old boy, Miguel Torres buying some pop tarts and a soda from a corner store around 8:42 Friday morning.
He leaves the store and stands on the street for a few seconds.
He disappears out of frame and then just a short time later you can see a white dump truck in the upper left hand corner go driving by.
Police say that was the truck which had just hit and killed the little boy.
Police say the truck driver had just taken a right from 80th street onto Northern Boulevard when he hit the boy. The driver was found in Brooklyn. Police had said earlier in the day that the driver might not have even known he struck the child.
Jennifer Dinzey had crossed the street just two minutes earlier with her toddler daughter.
" I'm sad I cried I went home and I cried for a while since I have a child myself you know," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, child killed, queens, new york news
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 7 dead, 22 hurt since Friday night
- Bad Wolf Coffee offers French caneles
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago man killed in Salt Lake City stabbing
- Man ID'd after fatal crash on Ryan-Skyway ramp
- Woman wanted for Wicker Park bank robbery
- BMO Harris Bank branch in Austin robbed
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- YMCA in Naperville gears up for 'Healthy Kids Day'
- Chris Farley's brother seeks Madison aldermanic seat 47 min ago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home