New York News
Young boy hit and killed by truck in Queens
NEW YORK -- An 11-year-old boy was killed in a crosswalk by a truck in Queens Friday morning, but police say no criminality was involved.
Surveillance video shows the 11-year-old boy, Miguel Torres buying some pop tarts and a soda from a corner store around 8:42 Friday morning.
He leaves the store and stands on the street for a few seconds.
He disappears out of frame and then just a short time later you can see a white dump truck in the upper left hand corner go driving by.
Police say that was the truck which had just hit and killed the little boy.
Police say the truck driver had just taken a right from 80th street onto Northern Boulevard when he hit the boy. The driver was found in Brooklyn. Police had said earlier in the day that the driver might not have even known he struck the child.
Jennifer Dinzey had crossed the street just two minutes earlier with her toddler daughter.
" I'm sad I cried I went home and I cried for a while since I have a child myself you know," she said.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, child killed, queens, new york news
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 32 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blue Line trains 'significantly' delayed 31 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours 55 min ago
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 26 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 42 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 50 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 20 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
32 min ago