New York News
Woman found dead in Flushing lake
FLUSHING -- Police say a woman whose body was pulled from a lake in Queens was likely an accidental drowning victim.
At about 7:45 a.m. Saturday, police responded to the vicinity of 164th Street and Booth Memorial Avenue.
The body of the 63-year-old woman was pulled from Kissena Park in Kissena Lake.
The Daily News reports (http://nydn.us/ZLAMYM ) that her body was found under a thin sheet of ice near the edge of a jogging path.
A cane was also pulled from the lake's icy waters.
Police tell the Daily News that the woman's body had no signs of trauma and they believe she accidentally fell into the lake and drowned.
Her identity was not immediately released.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, flushing, queens, body found, new york news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet 26 min ago
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment 59 min ago
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly 58 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All