New York News
Ex-Mayor Ed Koch re-hospitalized after 2 days
NEW YORK -- The spokesman for former New York City Mayor Ed Koch says he's been re-admitted to the hospital two days after he was released.
Spokesman George Arzt says Koch went back to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital on Monday. He says Koch's doctor wanted the 88-year-old to get more treatment for the fluid in his lungs, which is causing shortness of breath.
Koch had been released from the hospital on Saturday after a week's stay. He had gone in Jan. 19 because of fluid in his ankles and lungs.
Doctors have told Koch to reduce his salt intake.
Koch also was hospitalized in December with a respiratory infection and in September with anemia.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- 'Electric Daisy Carnival' keeping area residents up all night
- Chicago honors military in Memorial Day Parade
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Friends, family of murder victim pray to end the violence
- Pets from Oklahoma shelter headed to Chicago for adoption
- Memorial Day Road Race benefits military families
- Step back in time at 'Wild West Town' in McHenry County
- Man charged for arson, burglary of $1.5 million boat
- FEMA teams look for flood damage on South Side
- Jackson, Rainbow PUSH Coalition criticize school closings
- Notre Dame QB Golson no longer enrolled at school
- Missouri freight train crash injures at least 7, collapses...
- abcnews: Drivers Can't Face Fears, Get Lift Across...
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos