New York News
Ex-Mayor Ed Koch re-hospitalized after 2 days
NEW YORK -- The spokesman for former New York City Mayor Ed Koch says he's been re-admitted to the hospital two days after he was released.
Spokesman George Arzt says Koch went back to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital on Monday. He says Koch's doctor wanted the 88-year-old to get more treatment for the fluid in his lungs, which is causing shortness of breath.
Koch had been released from the hospital on Saturday after a week's stay. He had gone in Jan. 19 because of fluid in his ankles and lungs.
Doctors have told Koch to reduce his salt intake.
Koch also was hospitalized in December with a respiratory infection and in September with anemia.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder 32 min ago
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island 51 min ago
- Combat Hate app launches in Chicago
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- Repairs to city's aging sewer, water lines underway
- Olympic medalist welcomed back to Buffalo Grove school 14 min ago
- Ed Burke reflects after over 40 years as Alderman
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Polar plunge raises over $1M for Special Olympics
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010...
32 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
41 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos