New York News
Ex-Mayor Ed Koch re-hospitalized after 2 days
NEW YORK -- The spokesman for former New York City Mayor Ed Koch says he's been re-admitted to the hospital two days after he was released.
Spokesman George Arzt says Koch went back to NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia hospital on Monday. He says Koch's doctor wanted the 88-year-old to get more treatment for the fluid in his lungs, which is causing shortness of breath.
Koch had been released from the hospital on Saturday after a week's stay. He had gone in Jan. 19 because of fluid in his ankles and lungs.
Doctors have told Koch to reduce his salt intake.
Koch also was hospitalized in December with a respiratory infection and in September with anemia.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, ed koch, new york news
- Teen dead after car chase and shooting
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- Woman dies after being rescued from Lake Michigan
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake
- Chicago Palestine Film Festival 2014
27 min ago
- Let's Dish: German Apple Pancakes
10 min ago