New York News
Brooklyn hospital worker helps catch escaped goat
BEDFORD-STUYVESANT -- A security guard helped police lasso a goat running wild in Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn, overnight.
The goat was first spotted running on Fulton Avenue just before 1 a.m. Passersby who called police said the goat appeared disoriented and ran through the streets, banging into building doors.
The goat was finally cornered in a parking lot on Herkimer Street, across from Interfaith Medical Center.
A hospital security guard named Seydou, originally from West Africa, grabbed a rope and tried to lasso the goat.
The goat went behind several cars, hiding from police and thwarting the attempts of the guard.
The security guard finally grabbed the goat by the horns and held him as police tied up the animal.
Authorities put the goat in the back seat of their police cruiser and took it to Animal Care and Control.
The goat had a tag on it, indicating it apparently escaped from a nearby slaughterhouse.
Along with making for an amusing night shift, the goat's break out paid off. Instead of returning to the slaughterhouse, it will be sent to a farm santuary in upstate New York.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, bedford-stuyvesant, new york news
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says 35 min ago
- Detroit Red Wings beat Chicago Blackhawks 3-1
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois 31 min ago
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Governor, Mayor in high-stakes game of Chicago hold 'em 11 min ago
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- Photos: Milwaukee Pug Fest 2013
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- I-Team: Expanded gambling in Illinois
31 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado kills 51, death toll...
35 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos