New York News
Suspect arrested in fatal 2-car Harlem crash
NEW YORK -- Police have arrested a Brooklyn man in connection with a two-car crash in Harlem that killed a 46-year-old woman and injured several others.
Wislairs Mentor was charged with aggravated unlicensed operator.
The accident occurred Wednesday at 2 p.m.
Police say a 2003 Ford Focus travelling south on Broadway attempted to make a left turn onto West 135th Street when it collided with Mentor's van.
Both vehicles careened onto the sidewalk, striking a 44-year-old pedestrian.
Police say Lisette Ventura, of Manhattan, the front passenger in the Focus, was taken to Saint Luke's Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the Focus and two infant rear passengers, as well as the female pedestrian were hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 31 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 9 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
31 min ago