New York News
Suspect arrested in fatal 2-car Harlem crash
NEW YORK -- Police have arrested a Brooklyn man in connection with a two-car crash in Harlem that killed a 46-year-old woman and injured several others.
Wislairs Mentor was charged with aggravated unlicensed operator.
The accident occurred Wednesday at 2 p.m.
Police say a 2003 Ford Focus travelling south on Broadway attempted to make a left turn onto West 135th Street when it collided with Mentor's van.
Both vehicles careened onto the sidewalk, striking a 44-year-old pedestrian.
Police say Lisette Ventura, of Manhattan, the front passenger in the Focus, was taken to Saint Luke's Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the Focus and two infant rear passengers, as well as the female pedestrian were hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Campaign to curb military sex assaults continues
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 1 dead in fire at Woodstock residence
- Man falls from Wisconsin Dells roller coaster
- 'Shady Bandit' suspected in North Side bank robbery
- Chicago Tribune endorses Bruce Rauner in GOP primary
- College student found dead on Bannockburn campus
- Naperville man attempting to run 56 miles in 56 hours
- Kustok's daughter not called to stand as defense begins
- Jewel-Osco buys 5 former Dominick's stores
- Elmhurst Armpit Orchestra in St. Patrick's Day parade
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant