New York News
Suspect arrested in fatal 2-car Harlem crash
NEW YORK -- Police have arrested a Brooklyn man in connection with a two-car crash in Harlem that killed a 46-year-old woman and injured several others.
Wislairs Mentor was charged with aggravated unlicensed operator.
The accident occurred Wednesday at 2 p.m.
Police say a 2003 Ford Focus travelling south on Broadway attempted to make a left turn onto West 135th Street when it collided with Mentor's van.
Both vehicles careened onto the sidewalk, striking a 44-year-old pedestrian.
Police say Lisette Ventura, of Manhattan, the front passenger in the Focus, was taken to Saint Luke's Hospital where she was pronounced dead.
The driver of the Focus and two infant rear passengers, as well as the female pedestrian were hospitalized with non-life threatening injuries.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, new york news
- Body ID'd as missing UofC student, 20 34 min ago
- Students, teachers tearful as CPS closures begin
- LeBron headband absence could be key for Miami Heat win 1 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Special session expected to form pension committee
- Child luring alert issued in Albany Park
- Man convicted with twin faces new sex trafficking charges
- Couple headed for Dwight, Ill., go missing, turn up lost in Mich. 41 min ago
- Firefighter in prison for wife murder still gets pension 40 min ago
- Museum of Science and Industry marks 80th birthday
- Fed suggests it's closer to slowing bond purchases
- Illinois' pension crisis, by the numbers
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
- Lunch Break