New York News
3-year-old dies after falling out window in Queens
WOODSIDE -- Police say a 3-year-old girl who somehow got locked inside her family's sixth-floor bathroom in Woodside, Queens, fell to her death before her parents could get the door open.
The girl, identified by police as Rusroshi Barua, was taken to Elmhurst Hospital, where she was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon.
Barua landed in a backyard about 60 feet below the bathroom window.
Police say she got locked inside with her 2-year-old sister. Police say there were no bars on the window.
The parents could not get in to the bathroom, and then called the super, who knocked the door down. When they got inside, only the 2-year-old was in the bathroom.
The parents looked out of the window, and saw Barua on the ground.
There is no criminality suspected, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, woodside, queens, child injured, new york news
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting 23 min ago
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Andersonville's Hopleaf expands gastropub menu
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old
- 17-year-old boy killed in Austin shooting
23 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos