New York News
3-year-old dies after falling out window in Queens
WOODSIDE -- Police say a 3-year-old girl who somehow got locked inside her family's sixth-floor bathroom in Woodside, Queens, fell to her death before her parents could get the door open.
The girl, identified by police as Rusroshi Barua, was taken to Elmhurst Hospital, where she was pronounced dead Sunday afternoon.
Barua landed in a backyard about 60 feet below the bathroom window.
Police say she got locked inside with her 2-year-old sister. Police say there were no bars on the window.
The parents could not get in to the bathroom, and then called the super, who knocked the door down. When they got inside, only the 2-year-old was in the bathroom.
The parents looked out of the window, and saw Barua on the ground.
There is no criminality suspected, and the investigation is ongoing.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, woodside, queens, child injured, new york news
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway 54 min ago
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- 1 dead, 4 hurt in crash on transition ramp on freeway
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- Teens help clean up Chicago's beaches
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake