New York News
Fake grenades cause Port Authority evacuation
NEW YORK -- A suspicious package forced the evacuation of the Port Authority Terminal on Monday night.
The south wing of the bus terminal was evacuated about 8 p.m.
Police say the package appeared to have grenades in it.
The bomb squad determined they were fake.
The terminal was cleared for about an hour.
New Jersey Transit buses suffered some delays as a result.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, new york news
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag 19 min ago
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 22 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing 9 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett 9 min ago
- Man who killed Kankakee doctor gets life in prison 23 min ago
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Truman College instructor accused of sexually assaulting former...
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos