New York News
Fake grenades cause Port Authority evacuation
NEW YORK -- A suspicious package forced the evacuation of the Port Authority Terminal on Monday night.
The south wing of the bus terminal was evacuated about 8 p.m.
Police say the package appeared to have grenades in it.
The bomb squad determined they were fake.
The terminal was cleared for about an hour.
New Jersey Transit buses suffered some delays as a result.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, port authority bus terminal, new york news
- Woman sexually abused in Mayfair park
- Food additive believed to be substance at Dunes beach
- NBA Finals Game 6: Heat have no room for error
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Chicago Shooting Count: 8 shot in 9 hours Monday
- CTU president calls for tax changes to fund schools
- Governor, lawmakers plan to form new pension committee
- Most Blackhawks fans believe team will bounce back
- Chicago man creates smartphone safety app
- Supreme Court grants Madigan more time on guns
- Lombard's Los Burritos Mexicanos still closed after E. coli cases
- Bruins beat Blackhawks in NHL finals Game 3
- Car slams into Sauk Village apartment, sleeping couple injured
- abcnews: Ohio Town Police Chief a Facebook Hit
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos