New York News
Tourist raped outside Manhattan nightclub, police say
NEW YORK -- Authorities in Manhattan are racing to track down a sexual predator who attacked a woman in an alley outside a club.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect and are hoping that the public can help them track down the suspect.
The victim, a tourist from Australia, claims she was drinking inside of club Lavo on the Upper East Side Sunday when she tried to get a taxi around 3:30 a.m. After a brief argument with the driver, she exited the cab and claimed she was grabbed from behind, dragged into an alley and sexually assaulted.
Police say the 20-year-old victim was unable to recall the location of the alleyway when they questioned her later on, mostly likely because she was admittedly drunk.
The suspect is a black male, 35 to 40 years old, standing 6-foot-2 and weighing 190 pounds. He was wearing dark clothing and a skull cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, sexual assault, new york news
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Glenview, Chicago cops accused of lying in court 25 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Huntley votes to ban e-cigarettes in schools 8 min ago
- Man shot in Lincoln Square
- Francis Cardinal George holds Holy Thursday mass 47 min ago
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges
- Chicago woman owns first Ford Mustang ever sold 38 min ago
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos