New York News
Tourist raped outside Manhattan nightclub, police say
NEW YORK -- Authorities in Manhattan are racing to track down a sexual predator who attacked a woman in an alley outside a club.
Police have released a sketch of the suspect and are hoping that the public can help them track down the suspect.
The victim, a tourist from Australia, claims she was drinking inside of club Lavo on the Upper East Side Sunday when she tried to get a taxi around 3:30 a.m. After a brief argument with the driver, she exited the cab and claimed she was grabbed from behind, dragged into an alley and sexually assaulted.
Police say the 20-year-old victim was unable to recall the location of the alleyway when they questioned her later on, mostly likely because she was admittedly drunk.
The suspect is a black male, 35 to 40 years old, standing 6-foot-2 and weighing 190 pounds. He was wearing dark clothing and a skull cap.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, upper east side, sexual assault, new york news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more 45 min ago
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer