New York News
Police shoot, arrest suspect in East New York
NEW YORK -- Police shot and wounded an armed suspect who they say was trying to flee from a home in Brooklyn Tuesday evening.
Police received information that there was an armed man inside 456 Glenmore Avenue in the East New York section just after 5 p.m.
The 75th Precinct's Anti-Crime Unit responded to the multi-family home, and one officer went to the back of the building while others walked to the front. When the officers in the front knocked on the door, the suspect allegedly tried to flee out the back. He was identified as 31-year-old Alexis McIntyre.
Sources say McIntyre pointed a gun, believed to be a revolver, at the officer positioned in the back of the home. That officer fired his weapon, striking the suspect in the torso.
McIntyre was transported to Brookdale Hospital, where he's listed in stable condition.
The officer was not seriously injured.
In addition to the gun that the suspect was carrying, a second gun was recovered inside the home.
Police are investigating the man's connection to the house. It was not immediately clear if he lived there.
McIntyre was charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon. Other charges were pending.
Get Eyewitness News Delivered
new york city, brooklyn, east new york, police shooting, shooting, new york news
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 37 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Blue Line trains 'significantly' delayed 36 min ago
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles 31 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21 47 min ago
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting 55 min ago
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools 25 min ago
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
37 min ago