New York News
Fire forces evacuations at Upper East Side high-rise
UPPER EAST SIDE -- A fire forced people out of their apartments at a high-rise on the Upper East Side this morning.
The fire at 2nd Avenue and 91st Street broke out just before 4:00 a.m. on the 12th floor of a 40-story building.
More than 100 firefighters responded to the scene, where they had to deal with heavy smoke.
13 people were treated at local hospitals.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new york city, upper east side, fire, new york news
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD