New York News
Planes bump at JFK airport
NEW YORK -- Authorities are investigating how a taxiing passenger jet bumped a JetBlue plane at John F. Kennedy Airport on Saturday morning.
The FAA says around 6:15 a.m. JetBlue145, an Airbus A320 aircraft, had pushed back from Gate 5, Terminal 4, at JFK Airport preparing for departure. Air India 102, a Boeing 777 aircraft, was already on the ramp. The wingtip of the B777 made contact with the horizontal stabilizer on the tail of the A320. .
According to JetBlue, shortly after pushing back from the gate, its plane sustained damage to its tow bar. While retrieving a new tow bar, the aircraft remained stationary just short of the gate. At that time the Air India aircraft taxied into the area and made contact with JetBlue's plane. The JetBlue aircraft sustained damage to its rudder and taxied back to the gate.
All 150 passengers from the JetBlue aircraft bound for West Palm Beach, Florida were removed and transferred to another plane. That plane departed around 9:20 a.m.
The Air India Jet passengers all went through customs.
A Port Authority spokesperson says no passengers were injured on either aircraft.
The Air India jet incurred damage to the aircraft's left wing tip, but no other details were available.
The FAA was investigating.
jfk international airport, jetblue, new york news
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home 43 min ago
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red... 39 min ago
- ABC7 to Go 3-14-14
6 min ago