New York News
New York City teacher fired after emailing revealing photos
NEW YORK -- A New York City teacher who once worked as a male model has lost his job after sending bare-chested photographs of himself using an elementary school email address.
The New York Post (http://bit.ly/12DfUo6) and the Daily News (http://nydn.us/14GNB3q) report that 32-year-old special-education teacher Matthew Maleski was responding to personal ads on Craigslist when he sent photos of himself wearing only boxer shorts.
The messages were then discovered by another teacher with whom he shared the email account.
Investigators for the city's Department of Education say Maleski admitted to sending the photos, but said he did it during non-work hours, and had meant to use his personal account to send the messages.
He lost his job at a Manhattan school earlier this week.
The newspapers say Maleski didn't return phone messages.
new york city, teacher, craigslist, new york news
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover 48 min ago
- Carbon monoxide injures 12 in Skokie
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 20-40 injured at partial London theater collapse 22 min ago
- Target credit card breach affects 40 million accounts
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to be donated
- 3 dead in 3 South Side shootings in 3 hours
- Deal requires removal of Chicago 'petcoke' piles
- Rogers Park stabbing seriously injures woman, 21
- City triples budget to board up closed CPS schools
- Teen dies day after Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus