New York News
New York City teacher fired after emailing revealing photos
NEW YORK -- A New York City teacher who once worked as a male model has lost his job after sending bare-chested photographs of himself using an elementary school email address.
The New York Post (http://bit.ly/12DfUo6) and the Daily News (http://nydn.us/14GNB3q) report that 32-year-old special-education teacher Matthew Maleski was responding to personal ads on Craigslist when he sent photos of himself wearing only boxer shorts.
The messages were then discovered by another teacher with whom he shared the email account.
Investigators for the city's Department of Education say Maleski admitted to sending the photos, but said he did it during non-work hours, and had meant to use his personal account to send the messages.
He lost his job at a Manhattan school earlier this week.
The newspapers say Maleski didn't return phone messages.
new york city, teacher, craigslist, new york news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos