New York News
Police: Victims found in Queens brush fire killed in botched drug robbery
HOWARD BEACH -- Police have arrested a man in connection with the investigation of two New York City men whose bodies were found in a brush fire along a highway last week.
Police say 34-year-old Rogelio Rodriguez was arrested Tuesday on charges of murder, criminal possession of a weapon and criminal tampering.
Police said earlier they believe 22-year-old Rudy Superville and 25-year-old Gary Lopez were shot and stabbed to death after attempting to rob a drug dealer's Brooklyn home.
Firefighters found their fully clothed bodies last Wednesday in a grassy area off the Belt Parkway in the Howard Beach section of Queens.
Police believe that Superville entered the home of the dealer but was surprised to find his killers waiting. They say he was then instructed to beckon Lopez into the home. Both men were then beaten, stabbed and shot.
Police are searching for at least four others suspects in the investigation.
new york city, queens, howard beach, fire, brush fire, deadly fire, new york news
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted 1 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3 17 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago 14 min ago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 12 min ago
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago 27 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- 7 in :77
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually...
1 min ago