New York News
New York City dog saved after swallowing 111 pennies
NEW YORK -- A New York City dog underwent emergency surgery to remove more than 100 pennies from his stomach.
The Jack Russell terrier, named Jack, swallowed 111 pennies last week and quickly got sick.
The 13-year-old dog's owner, Tim Kelleher, rushed him to a Manhattan veterinarian for emergency surgery.
That's when dog doctors put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins.
The zinc from the coins could be lethal.
But Kelleher says his best friend is okay and back to his normal self.
new york city, dogs, new york news
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 44 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont 54 min ago
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Plane's landing gear collapses at Philly Airport
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan