New York News
1 person dead when fire tears through Bronx building
BRONX -- One person was killed in a fire in the Baychester section of the Bronx early Wednesday.
The fire was in a rear bedroom of the Fenton Avenue building just before 5:45 a.m.
A 63-year-old man was pronounced dead at Jacobi Medical Center.
No other injuries were reported.
The cause of the fire is under investigation.
new york city, bronx, fire, deadly fire, new york news
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood 4 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway 10 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 6 min ago
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business 2 min ago
- Midlothian's The Tint Shop burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- Gov. Quinn looks back on 2013
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
6 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
4 min ago
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
10 min ago
- Aperitifs, digestifs enhance meals at Sable
3 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos