New York News
Sketch released of suspect in Queens knifepoint rape
NEW YORK -- The NYPD is looking for a man accused of raping a woman early Monday morning in Queens, and police are hoping a sketch will help lead to an arrest.
Authorities say the suspect forced the 41-year-old victim into an cemetery in Elmhurst at knifepoint and attacked her.
The incident happened just before 5 a.m. in the vicinity of Corona Avenue.
The victim was transported to an area hospital where she was treated and released.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 25 to 30 years old and weighing between 150 and 175 pounds, with black spiked hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, elmhurst, queens, rape, new york news
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- 2 former players allege abuse during Maine West hazing trial
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos