New York News
Sketch released of suspect in Queens knifepoint rape
NEW YORK -- The NYPD is looking for a man accused of raping a woman early Monday morning in Queens, and police are hoping a sketch will help lead to an arrest.
Authorities say the suspect forced the 41-year-old victim into an cemetery in Elmhurst at knifepoint and attacked her.
The incident happened just before 5 a.m. in the vicinity of Corona Avenue.
The victim was transported to an area hospital where she was treated and released.
The suspect is described as a Hispanic male, approximately 25 to 30 years old and weighing between 150 and 175 pounds, with black spiked hair and brown eyes.
Anyone with information in regards to this incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, elmhurst, queens, rape, new york news
- Teen fatally shot in car chase, crash in West Town
- South Korea ferry captain, 2 crew members arrested 13 min ago
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Ashland bridge moved to new location on Western Avenue 27 min ago
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake