New York News
Victim in on-camera Brooklyn subway attack speaks out
NEW YORK -- The NYPD is trying to find the man who robbed and viciously beat a woman as she walked down to the subway in Brooklyn.
Eyewitness News spoke to the traumatized victim who is still recovering emotionally and physically from a horrible subway attack.
The beating was caught on surveillance tape.
"Why, why you hit me? Why, why you hit me?" Dina Perez said.
Those were the cries of despair as 55-year-old Dina Perez prayed for her life.
On March 9, she was exiting the 18th Avenue Subway Station in Borough Park when she was suddenly and savagely attacked.
In the video, the man punches and kicks her again and again.
During the seemingly endless assault, Perez says he never uttered a word.
"Not talk to me, nothing. Only pulls me that's it," Perez said.
Dina was left with a swollen face, eye damage, back and chest pains, and a broken wrist.
"I maybe go to the surgery next week," Perez said.
Because of the pain, she now sleep sitting up. Even then, sleep comes fitfully after bouts of uncontrollable shaking.
"Terrible experience," Perez said.
In the end, he didn't take her wallet or jewelry, just a small envelope with some cash.
Worst of all, he stole Dina's sense of peace.
She says she is haunted knowing this man is still out there.
Dina Perez remains housebound these days, too afraid to leave her front door.
Meanwhile police are now asking for the public's help in finding the young attacker.
The suspect is described as white or Hispanic, in his 20's, and about 150 pounds.
He was wearing a hooded fraternity sweatshirt (Alpha Phi Delta), with the Italian slang word of "Stugotz" embroidered above the number 27.
Anyone with information is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, borough park, brooklyn, robbery, assault, subway crime, new york news, lucy yang
- CTA Red Line resumes service 47th to 95th/Dan Ryan 21 min ago
- Photos: La Porte County stolen items on display
- Chicago weather: Temps fall by end of week
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill 41 min ago
- No injuries at South Side high-rise fire 13 min ago
- Officials try to ID body near missing woman's home
- Midlothian officer faces excessive force charges
- Wonder Lake man charged with sexually abusing juvenile
- Homewood bank robbers hiding in complex, police say 14 min ago
- 'Blues Brothers' mall chase recreated with...
- Paul Konerko signs White Sox 1-year extension 52 min ago
- Will County workers reach strike-ending deal
- Ventra progress report shows major improvement
- ABC7 To Go, December 4, 2013
16 min ago
- La Porte County burglary ring busted
59 min ago