New York News
Shooting caught on surveillance camera in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- A wild shooting was caught on camera in Brooklyn Tuesday afternoon.
Police say 20-year-old Kevon Ferrell was the man seen on surveillance video opening fire just before 2:30 p.m. at the corner of Bedford Avenue and Carroll Street in Crown Heights.
Right as the shooting began, an unmarked police car in the right place at the right time began pursuit of Ferrell, who dropped the gun and took off running.
The suspect was caught a block away, and officers recovered a handgun at the scene.
Ferrell is charged with criminal possession of a weapon, reckless endangerment and attempted assault.
The motive for the shooting has not been released.
new york city, brooklyn, crown heights, shooting, surveillance video, new york news
- Ice to slicken roads before snow rolls in 5 min ago
- Boy, 11, killed after carjacker crashes into SUV
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood shooting 48 min ago
- Funeral held for teacher killed in Indiana roadside crash
- Hadiya Pendleton Foundation holds holiday toy drive
- Bruce Rauner wins Cook County GOP endorsement
- Kids recite world leaders' speeches for contest 23 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 wounded in shootings since Friday
- Santa hands out coats to kids at Englewood police station 37 min ago
- Police: Drunk driver crashes into squard car
- hAPPy Holidays from ABC7 Chicago
- abcnews: 4 Arrested in Deadly NJ Mall Carjacking 17 min ago
- Off-duty sheriff's officer dies in Bellwood...
48 min ago
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos