New York News
Police search for serial purse snatcher in Queens, Staten Island
NEW YORK -- The search is on for a woman suspected of a string of purse robberies throughout Queens and Staten Island.
Police say 43-year-old Rehana Hussain has stolen purses from shopping carts on eight separate occassions over the course of a month.
She's also accused of using credit cards from the stolen wallets.
Police say Hussain struck first on Sunday January 20, around 11:30 a.m. at the Century 21 on Junction Boulevard.
She has also allegedly stolen purses at a Shine Beauty Salon, Panera Bread, Costco, Marshalls and DSW.
The most recent incident happened February 28 at the Marshalls on 48th Street.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Eyewitness News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos