New York News
Police search for serial purse snatcher in Queens, Staten Island
NEW YORK -- The search is on for a woman suspected of a string of purse robberies throughout Queens and Staten Island.
Police say 43-year-old Rehana Hussain has stolen purses from shopping carts on eight separate occassions over the course of a month.
She's also accused of using credit cards from the stolen wallets.
Police say Hussain struck first on Sunday January 20, around 11:30 a.m. at the Century 21 on Junction Boulevard.
She has also allegedly stolen purses at a Shine Beauty Salon, Panera Bread, Costco, Marshalls and DSW.
The most recent incident happened February 28 at the Marshalls on 48th Street.
Anyone with information in regards to these incidents is asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 577-TIPS (8477).
new york city, queens, staten island, robbery, new york news
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 28 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 58 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 2 min ago
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- 7 in :77
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
28 min ago