New York News
Ex-Elmo puppeteer accused of sex abuse for 5th time
NEW YORK -- The puppeteer who was the voice of Elmo on "Sesame Street" is being sued for the fifth time, accused of sexually abusing a teenage boy.
In a federal lawsuit filed in New York on Tuesday, 25-year-old Kevin Kiadii says he was 16 when he met Kevin Clash during an online chat.
Kiadii attorney Jeff Herman says Clash sent a limousine to pick up the teen in Brooklyn and take him to his Manhattan apartment for sex.
Herman represents four other people who filed similar lawsuits. He acknowledges his clients were compliant but says the 52-year-old puppeteer took advantage of them by playing father to them.
Clash resigned from "Sesame Street" in November. He has denied any wrongdoing. His lawyer hasn't responded to a call for comment on the latest lawsuit, which seeks unspecified damages.
new york city, brooklyn, elmo puppeteer accused, kevin clash, new york news
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood 1 min ago
- Video: I-Team Mall Security 58 min ago
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88 52 min ago
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville votes to allow MMA fights, with restrictions
- Mom honors son's memory by delivering toys to sick children
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago without tax breaks
- Illini grad to go for spacewalk on International Space Station
- Chicago FOP president suspended
- Aurora house fire injures 3; 4 dogs escape safe
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor