New York News
MTA bus fatally hits man in Elmhurst
NEW YORK -- A man was struck and killed by an MTA bus in Queens Wednesday night.
The accident happened at around 7:35 p.m. at Broadway and 79th Street in Elmhurst.
It appears the man was struck in a crosswalk right in front of Elmhurst Hospital, where he was transported and later pronounced dead.
An MTA spokeswoman says this was a Q53 bus.
The accident is under investigation by the MTA and the NYPD.
new york city, elmhurst, queens, pedestrian struck, bus accident, new york news
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet 26 min ago
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
- Teacher's aide posed as teen to meet girls online 33 min ago
- CTA Green Line service halted, officials say 47 min ago
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Dog rescue underway at Lake Michigan 17 min ago
- Foreign military mission barred from Crimea 28 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD