New York News
Grisly fatal crash leaves car mangled around tree in Brooklyn
NEW YORK -- A car careened into a tree in the East Flatbush section of Brooklyn early Thursday, leaving a grisly scene and snarling traffic.
The driver in the apparent high-speed crash was rushed to Brookdale University Hospital, where he was pronounced dead on arrival.
The vehicle struck the tree on Kings Highway near Beverly Road just before 4:30 a.m.
The wreckage was wrapped around the tree.
The victim has not been identified, and authorities will only say he was a 22-year-old off-duty police officer.
Kings Highway was closed for the police investigation.
new york city, brooklyn, east flatbush, accident, new york news
- Bitter cold expected to last through the weekend 30 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open, tribute held 31 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 21 min ago
- Northern Illinois Huskies fall to Bowling Green 47-27 24 min ago
- Schaumburg woman missing since October found
- Vigil held for Khaseem Greene's cousin killed in NJ
- Blackhawks championship ring offered in raffle
- Family: Boy, 6, suffers post-traumatic stress after shooting 47 min ago
- Girl, 13, charged in Olympia Fields fatal crash that killed boy
- Barrington leader trying to prevent next tanker tragedy
- 'Heart and Soul' - Saturday, Dec. 7, 6 p.m.
- Photos: Christmas Tree Ship arrives at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Made in America 2013: Gift Ideas
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
21 min ago
- Bitter cold expected to last through the...
30 min ago
- Nelson Mandela condolence books open,...
31 min ago
- The Ditka you didn't know
39 min ago