New York News
Bronx boy dies trying to change TV channel
MORRIS HEIGHTS -- A three year old boy died after apparently losing his footing while trying to change the television channel in his family's apartment.
The boy was discovered unconscious inside the apartment on Richman Plaza in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
He was rushed to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives believe he climbed on a stand to change the TV channel, but slipped. His shirt apparently got caught on a bed post and choked the boy.
Detectives are interviewing the boy's mother, but no criminality is suspected.
There are four other children in the household and no there is no history with the Administration for Children's Services.
new york city, bronx, morris heights, accidental death, new york news
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cragin on alert after girl beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 59 min ago
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting
- Report: CPS headquarters could move
- ADM to move headquarters to Chicago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
59 min ago