New York News
Bronx boy dies trying to change TV channel
MORRIS HEIGHTS -- A three year old boy died after apparently losing his footing while trying to change the television channel in his family's apartment.
The boy was discovered unconscious inside the apartment on Richman Plaza in the Morris Heights section of the Bronx at 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday.
He was rushed to Bronx Lebanon Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.
Detectives believe he climbed on a stand to change the TV channel, but slipped. His shirt apparently got caught on a bed post and choked the boy.
Detectives are interviewing the boy's mother, but no criminality is suspected.
There are four other children in the household and no there is no history with the Administration for Children's Services.
new york city, bronx, morris heights, accidental death, new york news
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- Oil slicks found in hunt for missing Malaysia jet
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Snowboard park accident 911 calls released
- Volunteers get word out on insurance sign-up
- Bridge over Western demolished for Bloomingdale Trail
- Man, 29, dead after ejected from SUV on I-57
- Broadened Chicago ban on plastic bags gaining steam
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Jennifer Lawrence's Oscars Date Tells All